This is the first email I’m sending out with help from the folks at ConvertKit. They’re providing the creation tools to rapidly increase the creativity behind these emails — while also allowing me to use my existing infrastructure. It’s a cool piece of tech, and I’m very happy to be playing with it.
For the first time, back issues of The Bulletin will be available to view every Tuesday after they release right on my blog at SladeWatkins.net! If you ever wanted a friend to read, consider forwarding an email to them, or waiting until the back issues are released on Slade’s Corner.
For all the new faces, and even for the old faces, The Bulletin is my flagship newsletter: it’s the most major point of communication in which I interface with the internet. Every week on Saturdays at 8pm Eastern, I provide a peek into my world, and sprinkle in some music recommendations and interesting links to a few things I found while being on (or even off) the internet. It’s a fun time, and I always appreciate replies to these emails, as well.
Things I found across the net…
I think I hate this little life.
- “PC cleaning” apps are almost always a scam, and Microsoft’s new PC cleaning app is no exception. It even does things they don’t recommend. It’s odd, and you should avoid it.z
- I wrote on my blog that Apple’s proposed rules for ‘complying’ with the Digital Markets Act the EU enacted are just a giant middle finger to the EU.
- Tomorrow night’s the Super Bowl! Reba McEntire will perform the US National Anthem, while Usher will take the stage at halftime. Post Malone is set to perform “America the Beautiful,” and there are other small performances from other performers lined up, which CBS News has a list of here.
- Nickelodeon, sister company of CBS/CBS News/CBS Sports by way of parent company Paramount, announced that Sweet Victory from the SpongeBob SquarePants episode “Band Geeks” will also be reanimated in CGI and shown at this year’s Super Bowl, as well.
- Band Geeks last got a nod in 2019 during the introduction to guest performer Travis Scott. The “performance” was meant as a tribute to Stephen Hillenberg, the creator of the show who passed away from ALS in November 2018.
What I’m listening to…
I’m kind of a Spotify addict, so I happen to listen to a lot of music. Here’s what I’m currently listening to—usually on repeat. Here’s what I’ve got for you, for the week of February 10, 2024…
- Home – Good Neighbours
- The Beach – The Neighbourhood
- Little Life – Cordelia
- When You Were Mine – Joy Crookes
- Houdini (London Sessions) – Dua Lipa
- Ruin – USHER, Pheelz
- Friend, Please – twenty one pilots
- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) – Fergie, Q-Tip, GoonRock
- Worship – Jon Batiste
- Almost (Sweet Music) – Hozier
Thanks to Odesli for making all these streaming platform-agnostic!
And that’s it for me this week. I’ll see you on my blog at SladeWatkins.net, and across the internet in the future.
And away this goes,